Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Past Is Me

Some things can never be changed
What has happened is done
Some things can’t be erased
But I’m starting over
My new life has just begun
I’m the only person I can be
I make mistakes, too
I’ve realized my wrong doings
But that time is over
Now I am only focused on loving you
You have to feel my love within your heart
To know it has been true from the start
You have to realize you weren’t always there
You didn’t always protect me and didn’t always care
I’ve done thing in my past that I really regret
I face reminders each day that causes unhappiness and makes me upset
But then I look at your face and realize where I am now
I’m a new person with a different vision in mind
And it isn’t a mistake of any kind
I’ve come to a realization, I’m no longer blind
Our love is now combined
Our hearts mend and plans are working out the way they were designed
I regret many thing and the way they must be
But I’ve moved forward
I face it and live with it because my past is me!!!

No comments: